Sunday 1 June 2014

Create Your Own Pocket Filler Cards

Hello Everyone

I wanted to share some different ways that you can create your own filler cards to customize your layouts whether you create traditional scrapbook layouts or pocket-style layouts.  I created these 6 filler cards with stamps, dies and embossing folder.  For the colouring I used Copic Markers.  I used Lawn Fawn's 4x6 and 3x4 stitched journaling dies for all my cards on this layout.  I will be putting them in the Design F Project Life sheet protector as it's laid down on the last photo here.  Even though there are so many different filler cards out there I find that doing my own (and using up some of my supplies that I buy) just makes it that much more personalized and special.  My daughter who this layout is about when she turned 3 was very happy with what I had created and the time I put into it (this definitely does take some time).

homemade PL card
This 3x4 card was created using Lawn Fawn's 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, BIRTHDAY TAGS stamp set, INTO THE WOODS stamp set and dies, and YEAR FOUR stamp set and dies.

DIY PL card with stitching by Mandy Reedyk
This 3x4 card was created using Lawn Fawn's 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, STITCHED SCALLOP BORDERS, AMY TANGERINE'S PLUS ONE EMBROIDERY STENCIL KIT and THREAD KIT, RECOLLECTIONS ENAMEL DOTS.

DIY PL card with Lawn Fawn stamps and dies by Mandy Reedyk
This 3x4 filler card was created using Lawn Fawn's 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, BIRTHDAY TAGS stamp set, COPIC MARKERS, and STAMPIN' UP! SMALL HEART PUNCH.

DIY PL card by Mandy Reedyk
This 3x4 card was created using Lawn Fawn's 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, AMY TANGERINE'S PLUS ONE CAMERA EMBOSSING FOLDER, RECOLLECTIONS ENAMEL DOTS and COPIC MARKERS.

DIY PL card with Lawn Fawn stamps and dies by Mandy Reedyk
This 3x4 card was created using Lawn Fawn's 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, BIRTHDAY TAGS stamp set, TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS POCKET & PAGES FAB FRAMES die,  HERO ARTS/STUDIO CALICO's STEPPING STONE CLEAR ALPHABET set, RECOLLECTIONS ENAMEL DOTS and COPIC MARKERS.

DIY PL card with Lawn Fawn stamps and dies by Mandy Reedyk
And finally this 4x6 card was created using LAWN FAWN's LARGE STITCHED JOURNALING CARD dies, 3x4 STITCHED JOURNALING CARD die, TAG YOU'RE IT dies, BIRTHDAY TAGS stamp set, TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS POCKET & PAGES CIRCLE WORDS dies, RECOLLECTIONS PASTELS BRADS, and HERO ARTS MID-TONE INK PADS.  The 3x4 card was created using stamps and ink pads in three different colours (Bubble Gum, Mint Julip and Butter Bar) and can be used as a stand alone card as well.

scrapbooking layout with DIY PL card by Mandy Reedyk

Here is the finished layout.  Hope you have gotten inspired to create some of your own filler cards using these ideas.
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!


   Mandy Reedyk   
    Creative Team Member of SCRAP YOUR SCRAPS 



 I love Mandy's idea on creating your own pocket filler cards!  I agree with her that sometimes there just isn't the right card to fit your layout, and it gives your layout a more personalized look when you create your own.  I love the freedom of expression and creative design which comes from creating my own cards.  It feels like I'm creating a layout only on a much smaller scale.  Using leftover paper and embellishments, which may otherwise go unused, is also another great advantage.  

Here are some 3x4 pocket filler cards I created using items from my paper and embellishment stash:



I just love how they turned out.  I may use some of them on my layouts, inserts for pocket pages, or maybe even for some handmade cards.   The possibilities are only limited to my imagination.  Thanks, Mandy, for the inspiration!

   Sandi Chromey 
    Creative Team Member of SCRAP YOUR SCRAPS


10 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards from both ladies! I like to make my own filler cards from time to time, so this is great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are AWESOME...I am definitely going to have to give this a try...lots of inspiration for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all so much! Thanks or the great Lawn Fawn inspiration, I have all those stamp sets and struggle to use them in scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the cards are adorable. Great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - such beautiful cards by both of you! I am new to these little cards and really like making my own. Of course I seem to be collecting more than I use....must get better at getting them onto layouts/pocket pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love that sticked die, that's awesome. If you are like me and don't have the die, pen marks can be made to look like stitching too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the cards on this page! I'm not even a pocket scrapper but I know they would work beautifully on a full layout too! Terrific job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your great comments. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...