Thursday 29 January 2015

Making a Kit From Your Stash

Hello again! Wow, time flies, doesn't it? I can't believe it's been a whole month since I was here sharing with you one of the ways I organize items in my stash.

Today, I'd like to show you something else I'm passionate about - scrapping through my stash by creating my own monthly kits. I've been doing this for a year now, and I have seen so many benefits, not the least of which is that I've put a serious dent in my stash!

So, how does it work? Well, first, I find some some sort of inspiration to draw on as a basis for my kit. It could be a color scheme, a challenge, a mood board, or a scrapbooking collection. (See different variations on my blog). This month's inspiration came from a collection of October Afternoon goodies I snagged on Scrapbooksteals.com.


Here's what my January Scraps & Stash kit looks like (read all the details here):

Since creating my kit, I've been working with it all month, and over the course of three crafting sessions, here's what I've made:

Session 1


I started with a double-page layout about my sweet little great-nieces.
Then moved onto a single page.
Then finished up with a greeting card made from scraps. (Why, oh WHY does Blogger turn my photos sideways?)

Session 2
It was a busy week, but I squeezed in a little scrapping time to make this page about my son.

Session 3
And managed to fit in a bit of creating this past weekend as well.


And I've still got quite a few items left to work with - two full sheets of cardstock, a few sheets of patterned paper, three of the 6x8 sheets, and lots of diecuts and journaling cards. I'm hoping to squeeze in a few more projects this weekend, and then I'll be ready for a new kit!

I hope I've inspired you to create your own Scraps & Stash kit. If you'd like a step-by-step guide that walks you through the exact process to assemble your own amazing kit, click here to get my free e-book "10 Easy Steps to a Killer Stash Kit."

Go try it out!










Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member

7 comments:

  1. Love making my own monthly kit too, been doing it for over a year now :) I follow counterfeit kit challenge blog for my inspiration each month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I love CCKC too! I've used their kits for inspiration quite a few times as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this Lusa!! Will definitely do this! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lusa-i am unable to download the 10 Easy Steps. When I use the button to download I get another screen but cannot figure out how to download the document.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, send me an email at kwitekreative@aol.com, and I'll get your guide right out. Sorry about the glitch! - Lisa Harris

      Delete
  4. great projects and a great way to use up the stash.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...